Terms & Conditions
- A southwestgiftcard is non-refundable.
- A southwestgiftcard has no expiration date.
- A southwestgiftcard is fully transferrable.
- A southwestgiftcard is not replaceable if lost, stolen, or destroyed.
- A southwestgiftcard is VOID if altered or obtained fraudulently.
- A southwestgiftcard has no fvalue until activated. It is activated after payment clears.
- A southwestgiftcard is not a credit or debit card and has no implied warranties.
- Southwest Airlines reserves the right, and holder or purchaser of the card agrees that Southwest Airlines may at any time change the terms of the program or contract with another third party to administer the southwestgiftcard program.
- A southwestgiftcard may not be resold by any unlicensed vendor under penalty of law; unlawful resale or attempted resale is grounds for seizure and cancellation without compensation.
Purchasing a southwestgiftcard
- A southwestgiftcard can be purchased at southwest.com with a credit card, by completing the online order form and following the directions provided, or by calling 1-800-435-9792 (1-800-I-FLY-SWA). A southwestgiftcard can also be purchased at approved retail locations.
- Corporate Customers requesting southwestgiftcards for purchase exceeding $1,000 limit available at southwest.com can purchase southwestgiftcards by completing the southwestgiftcard order form.
- There is a $1,000 maximum purchase per credit card per day at southwest.com.
- Orders for southwestgiftcards over $2,000 are not permitted by individuals. Order for southwestgiftcards for corporate/business use has an unlimited threshold. For questions, contact GCBulkOrder-DG@wnco.com
- Only forms of payment with billing addresses in the United States are eligible for southwestgiftcard purchases.
Delivery of a southwestgiftcard
The following additional rules and regulations apply to cards delivered via USPS, FedEx, or delivered electronically via email:
- A southwestgiftcard can ship via standard USPS for $2.95 and usually arrive within 4-7 business days.
- A southwestgiftcard can ship via Federal Express Standard Overnight delivery for a $9.95 fee. southwestgiftcards requested after 12:00 pm CST will be processed the next business day (no Saturday delivery.) Federal Express will not ship to P.O. Boxes.
- For southwestgiftcard orders of $500 or over, we will ship via Federal Express Standard Overnight delivery free of charge.
- A southwestgiftcard cannot be shipped internationally, or to P.O. Boxes or APO/FPO addresses.
- Southwest Airlines is not responsible for southwestgiftcards that are undeliverable or not received due to inaccurate delivery information, including physical and e-mail addresses.
- Delivery to an incorrect but deliverable address as provided by the purchaser is the responsibility of the purchaser.
Redeeming your southwestgiftcard
- A southwestgiftcard can only be used for Passenger travel on Southwest Airlines, excluding Southwest Airlines Group Tickets.
- A southwestgiftcard may only be redeemed at southwest.com, by calling Southwest Airlines at 1-800-435-9792 (1-800 I FLY SWA) and at Southwest Airlines ticket counter locations.
- A southwestgiftcard is not valid for the purchase of Southwest Airlines Vacation Packages and Jackpot Deals® Packages, Cargo, Hotel, Rental Car, Cruise, Southwest Airlines Merchandise, Southwest Airlines Group Tickets, EarlyBird Check-In, additional southwestgiftcards, or inflight purchases.
- Sales tax, Security Fees, Passenger Facilities Charges, Pet Fare, Unaccompanied Minor service charge and oversized or excess baggage may be paid for with a southwestgiftcard.
- Each purchase is deducted from the balance of the card. If the ticket price is greater than the value of the southwestgiftcard, the difference may be paid with a credit card, Southwest LUV Voucher and/or available Travel Funds. In addition, cash, check, and paper gift certificates can be used for the remaining balance at airport locations only. If the ticket price is less than the value of the southwestgiftcard, the balance will remain on the card until it is decreased to zero, at which time the card will be deactivated.
- Up to four southwestgiftcards can be applied toward one reservation. Our payment system limits the total form of payments, so, if the balance of the itinerary is more than the amount of all four gift cards, you will only be able to use three of your gift cards so that the balance can be paid with another form of payment that will cover the balance of the reservation (i.e. credit card). The following is our policy in regards to forms of payment: Southwest Airlines accepts up to two unused Ticketless Travel tickets per passenger (are always applied first) and up to four of the following in any combination: southwestgiftcards, Southwest LUV Vouchers, Ticketless Travel Funds (left over funds not previously used), and one credit card.
- A southwestgiftcard will not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, check or credit except where required by federal or applicable state law.
- A southwestgiftcard cannot be redeemed through a Travel Agency.
- A southwestgiftcard redeemed for travel is not refundable. If travel is not taken, the funds will be held as travel funds with an expiration date. If applied with any other accepted form(s) of payment, the earliest expiration date of all forms of payment applies.