You can perform a variety of pre-flight tasks at the self-service kiosk:
- Print your boarding pass
- Add a Rapid Rewards number to a reservation
- Upgrade to a Business Select fare
- Change your flight*
- Add your name to the standby list
- Add a lap child to a reservation (domestic reservations only)
- Self-tag and check luggage**
- Pay excess baggage fees
*Flights booked with Rapid Rewards points, Companion Pass travel, and Group reservations booked on the same itinerary cannot be changed at the kiosk.
**Most of the airports we serve have Self-Tagging kiosks. Please consult the airport information page to see which airports have Self-Tagging kiosks available.
Most Customers are eligible to use a self-service kiosk; however, the following types of reservations are not eligible and must check in at the airport ticket counter:
- Unaccompanied Minors
- Customers traveling with pets for international travel (Customers traveling with pets domestically can check in at the kiosk)
Except for Nassau, kiosks will be available in all other non-U.S. airport locations.
You can check in, scan your passport, add emergency contacts, and print your boarding pass for both the domestic and international legs of your trip at a kiosk. You will not be able to upgrade or change international flights at a kiosk, but a Customer Service Agent at the ticket counter or gate podium will gladly help you.
Use any of the following methods to access your reservation:
- Enter your confirmation number (six-character alpha-numeric code)
- Enter your Rapid Rewards® number
- Swipe your Rapid Rewards A-List membership card
- Swipe a major credit card with your name on it
Once you retrieve your reservation, follow the steps on the screen to obtain a boarding pass, upgrade to a Business Select® fare, check luggage, change your flight, or add yourself to the standby list.
No. Customers within a multi-passenger reservation may check in together or individually at whatever location (online, kiosk, ticket counter, mobile device, etc.) is convenient for each of you.
Kiosks are located at Southwest® ticket counters and in the main lobby area (before the security checkpoint) of select airports.