Our Customer Support & Services Call Centers are often flooded with calls when a new schedule is released, Unfortunately, this can lead to increased delays and hold times during these busy periods. If your travel plans can wait, we recommend that you call back during a less busy booking time when hold times will be reduced.
southwest.com fares and Group fares differ in many ways, and each offers its own unique benefits. The best option for you is determined on your travel needs. southwest.com fares are often only available online and usually have limited quantities available. There may not be enough seats at the online price for your whole group. southwest.com fares tend to work best for small parties that don't need much flexibility in their travel plans. Group fares work best for parties of ten or more who may require flexibility with name changes and payments.
Compare the difference between booking with Group Reservations and southwest.com by clicking on the link below.
The Domestic Group Reservations number is 1-800-433-5368 and hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to midnight Central time. The International Group Reservations number is 1-800-308-5037 and hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to midnight Central time.
Final payments must be made by credit card, cashier's check, or travel agency check. (No split payments are accepted). To pay by credit card, please call toll free at 1-855-233-0873 or download, complete, and fax the Letter of Authorization* to 1-214-792-4793 on or before the final payment due date.
* You many need to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to read and print the Letter of Authorization.
Southwest Airlines now offers a formal meetings program for corporate meetings and conventions with a minimum of 150 Travelers through SWABIZ, our free online corporate booking tool. To make Southwest Airlines the official airline of your meeting and find out if you are eligible, please visit www.swabiz.com, and submit a Meetings Agreement Request form.
Please speak with a Group Reservations Customer Representative at 1-800-433-5368. They will be happy to assist you.
Yes. Group Travel Passengers can check in on southwest.com and reserve boarding positions beginning 24 hours prior to travel. As of August 25, 2014 Southwest no longer issues paper tickets for Group Travel. If Group Travel was booked prior to this date please bring your paper tickets to the airport. If Group Travel was booked on or after August 25th please proceed to the ticket counter to receive your boarding passes.
The online checkin process for Group Travel is slightly different than what you may be used to with non-Group reservations. There are three easy steps:
1. Go to southwest.com and click “Check In” under Quick Air Links in the top right sidebar or under the Travel Tools dropdown in the top right corner of the page. Then enter your confirmation number and the first and last name of one of the Passengers on the reservation.
2. You will see a list of Passenger names that are available to check in online. You have the option to check in all Passengers on the list by checking the "Select All Available" box, or you may select specific Passengers to be checked in. Please note: We can only check your group in for up to two flight segments for flights departing within the next 24 hours. If you have more than two flight segments, please meet us at the Ticket Counter so we can check in your group and print your boarding passes.
3. The names of successfully checked-in Passengers along with their boarding positions will begin to populate on the screen one at a time. Please Note: Certain Passengers may not be eligible for online checkin and will be required to check in at the Southwest Airlines Ticket Counter or curbside (where available). You will be notified at this point if this applies to anyone in your party. Once the last eligible Passenger's boarding position is populated, you have completed the online checkin process.
Yes, we will accept bookings for groups of 10 or more for all flights (including international flights) as part of our Group Travel program, which offers several additional benefits. Group bookings must be made via phone. Customers calling from within the United States can contact Group Reservations at 1 (800) 308-5037 Monday – Friday between the hours of 7:00am and midnight, Central Time.
Please note the following differences in policy that will apply to Group Travel Program bookings for international itineraries:
Bags Fly Free®* on Southwest Airlines. Your first two checked bags fly free on all flights. Please see our baggage policies page for complete details.
* Weight and size limits apply.
At this time, EarlyBird Check-InSM is not available to Group passengers. We recommend that all Group passengers check in online 24 hours prior to departure to provide the best chance of improving their boarding position and seat selection onboard the aircraft.
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has implemented a new program called Secure Flight, which is intended to enhance the security of commercial air travel. Under Secure Flight, airlines are now required to ask traveling passengers for their full legal name as it appears on the government-issued photo ID they intend to travel with, along with their gender and date of birth. The TSA has determined that mandating the provision of date of birth and gender would greatly reduce the number of passengers misidentified as a match to the watch list. It is to the passenger's advantage to provide the required data elements as doing so may prevent delays or additional passenger security screening at the airport, particularly for those individuals who have similar names to those on the watch list.