Terms & Conditions
- A Southwest gift card is non-refundable.
- A Southwest gift card has no expiration date.
- A Southwest gift card is fully transferrable.
- A Southwest gift card is not replaceable if lost, stolen, or destroyed.
- A Southwest gift card is VOID if altered or obtained fraudulently.
- A Southwest gift card has no value until activated. It is activated after payment clears.
- A Southwest gift card is not a credit or debit card and has no implied warranties.
- Southwest Airlines reserves the right, and holder or purchaser of the card agrees, that Southwest Airlines may at any time change the terms of the program or contract with another third party to administer the Southwest gift card program.
- A Southwest gift card may not be resold by any unlicensed vendor under penalty of law; unlawful resale or attempted resale is grounds for seizure and cancellation without compensation.
Purchasing a Southwest gift card
- A Southwest gift card can be purchased at southwest.com® with a credit card, by completing the online order form and following the directions provided, or by calling 1-800-435-9792 (1-800-I-FLY-SWA). A Southwest gift card can also be purchased at approved retail locations.
- Corporate Customers requesting Southwest gift cards for purchase exceeding $1,000 limit available at southwest.com can purchase Southwest gift cards by completing the Southwest gift card order form.
- There is a $1,000 maximum purchase per credit card per day at southwest.com.
- Orders for Southwest gift cards over $2,000 are not permitted by individuals. Orders for Southwest gift cards for corporate/business use have an unlimited threshold. For questions, contact GCBulkOrder-DG@wnco.com.
- Only forms of payment with billing addresses in the United States are eligible for Southwest gift card purchases.
Delivery of a Southwest gift card
The following additional rules and regulations apply to cards delivered via USPS, FedEx, or delivered electronically via email:
- A Southwest gift card can ship via standard USPS for $2.95 and usually arrive within 4-7 business days.
- A Southwest gift card can ship via Federal Express Standard Overnight delivery for a $9.95 fee. Southwest gift cards requested after 12:00 pm CT will be processed the next business day (no Saturday delivery.) Federal Express will not ship to P.O. boxes.
- For Southwest gift card orders of $500 or over we will ship via Federal Express Standard Overnight, delivery free of charge.
- A Southwest gift card cannot be shipped internationally or to P.O. boxes or APO/FPO addresses.
- Southwest Airlines is not responsible for Southwest gift cards that are undeliverable or not received due to inaccurate delivery information, including physical and e-mail addresses.
- Delivery to an incorrect but deliverable address as provided by the purchaser is the responsibility of the purchaser.
Redeeming your Southwest gift card
- A Southwest gift card can only be used for Passenger travel on Southwest Airlines, excluding Southwest Airlines group tickets.
- A Southwest gift card may only be redeemed at southwest.com, by calling Southwest Airlines at 1-800-435-9792 (1-800 I FLY SWA), and at Southwest Airlines ticket counter locations.
- A Southwest gift card is not valid for the purchase of Southwest Airlines Vacation Packages, cargo, hotel, rental car, Southwest Airlines merchandise, Southwest Airlines group tickets, EarlyBird Check-In, international baggage fees, additional Southwest gift cards, or inflight purchases.
- Domestic oversized and excess baggage, sales tax, security fees, passenger facilities charges, pet fare, and unaccompanied minor service charge may be paid for with a Southwest gift card.
- Each purchase is deducted from the balance of the card. If the ticket price is greater than the value of the Southwest gift card, the difference may be paid with a credit card, Southwest LUV voucher and/or available travel funds. In addition, cash, check, and paper gift certificates can be used for the remaining balance at airport locations only. If the ticket price is less than the value of the Southwest gift card, the balance will remain on the card until it is decreased to zero, at which time the card will be deactivated.
- Up to four Southwest gift cards can be applied toward one reservation. Our payment system limits the total form of payments, so if the balance of the itinerary is more than the amount of all four gift cards, you will only be able to use three of your gift cards so that the balance can be paid with another form of payment that will cover the balance of the reservation (i.e. credit card). The following is our policy in regards to forms of payment: Southwest Airlines accepts up to two unused Ticketless Travel tickets per Passenger (always applied first) and up to four of the following in any combination: Southwest gift cards, Southwest LUV vouchers, Ticketless Travel funds (left over funds not previously used), and one credit card.
- A Southwest gift card will not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, check, or credit except where required by federal or applicable state law.
- A Southwest gift card cannot be redeemed through a travel agency.
- A Southwest gift card redeemed for travel is not refundable. If travel is not taken, the funds will be held as travel funds with an expiration date. If applied with any other accepted form(s) of payment, the earliest expiration date of all forms of payment applies.