Ready when you are.
Ready when you are.
- Book, check-in, change or cancel domestic and international flights
- Check your flight status, boarding position, and gate information
- Access mobile boarding passes — iPhone and iPad users can save to Apple Wallet
and Android users can save to Google Pay
- Book or cancel car reservations
- Add EarlyBird Check-In® while booking or to an existing reservation
- Enroll in and access your Rapid Rewards® account
- View travel and weather alerts
- Access helpful airport information
- Utilize express check out (for users who are logged in)
- Express check out (for logged in users)
- Compatible with Touch ID® (for iOS 9+) or Android Fingerprint (for Android
Who can access Live Chat in the Southwest App?
Live Chat is available for all Customers that have a Rapid Rewards account.
Where can I find Live Chat?
Live Chat can be found in the Southwest mobile app on iOS and Android devices.
To access Live Chat,
1. Update your app to version 6.1.0 or 6.1+ or Download the Southwest mobile app here: https://www.southwest.com/html/air/products/mobile.html
2. Once in the Southwest mobile app, log in to your Account
3. Go to the main menu in the upper left hand corner
4. Scroll down to Contact Us
5. Click on the Chat icon to connect with a live Customer Representative
You must have the Southwest app downloaded on your iOS or Android phone and have app version 6.1.0 or 6.1+ to run Live Chat.
When is Live Chat available?
Live Chat is available between the hours of 6:00am to 8:00pm Central Standard Time. You can also speak to a Customer Representative 24/7 by calling 1-800-435-9792.
What topics can a Customer Representative help with in Live Chat?
Customer Representatives are able to assist with past trips, upcoming trips, Rapid Rewards®, and Policies and Procedures. At this time, payment cannot be accepted through Live Chat and it is not intended to handle all travel concerns. Please visit Contact Us for more ways to connect with Southwest.
If I do not want to wait on hold for Live Chat what are my options?
If you do not want to wait on hold for Live Chat, please visit Contact Us for more ways to connect with Southwest.
Is Live Chat available on Southwest.com or mobile.southwest.com?
At this time, Live Chat is only available on the Southwest mobile app on iOS and Android devices (app version 6.1.0 or 6.1+).
Is Live Chat available for Spanish speaking Customers?
At this time, we ask that you please contact our Bilingual line at 1-800-826-6667 for Spanish support.
Can I access Mobile Live Chat while mid-flight?
Yes! Mobile Live Chat is available on all WiFi-enabled aircrafts. Similar to how you can access the Southwest mobile app while mid-flight, you do not need to purchase the onboard WiFi to chat—you simply need to connect to the Southwest WiFi from your mobile device and open the Southwest mobile app.
Need a Lyft ride?
We've partnered with rideshare company Lyft to give Customers a better day-of-travel experience within the Southwest app. Book your ride through the SWA app up to four hours prior to your flight and make the trip to the airport a breeze. If your location services are turned on, you'll see your estimated airport arrival time and cost — right on the home screen of the app. Sign into the Southwest app with your Rapid Rewards® number and include it on your reservation so you can try it out on your next trip!
View your boarding pass directly in your browser, have it sent to your inbox, or receive it via text message. Present your mobile boarding pass at security check points and during boarding and you're done! That's it. Trust us, we love it as much as you do.
If using an iPhone, you can add your boarding pass directly to Apple Wallet. Have an Apple Watch? You can access your boarding pass once it is saved to Apple Wallet.
If you’re on an Android phone, use Google Pay and go!
All you need is your device and the SWA app to access the Inflight Portal and start enjoying free movies, live and on-demand TV, games and messaging on our WiFi-enabled aircraft.